Saturday, July 11, 2015

Humble Beginnings



Hello world! I guess that's a bold statement considering the likelihood that not many are actually going to read this. Let's try again. Hello friends! I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now but was held back because I couldn't think of a clever title for it. Last night, I started reading through an old journal of mine. It's got a fabric book cover with hand sewn buttons, loose and askew, reminding me of the fact that I never lose the ambition to be crafty and creative, I just never execute my ideas the way I originally see them in my head. Anyways, as I was reading through it and came upon the last entry made two years ago, I became inspired to write a new entry and thought, hey, I kind of like this writing deal. This influx of inspiration, I think, gave me an idea for the title to this blog. So thanks, journal, I will continue to neglect writing in you and write for this blog instead! I like to believe that these moments of sudden clarity result in a forthcoming change, as if they cause you to suddenly start to see the world differently and it gives me hope that maybe one day I won't worry so much about the little things and be okay with the fact that I lose the remote every time I use it, and I lock my keys in the car at least twice a month.

This is the journal that kickstarted this blog.
If it were a person it would have the
"face only a mother could love". 
So you may still be wondering about this strange title since I somehow haven't managed to talk about it yet. This blog will chronicle the unfortunate, yet hilarious events that I encounter much too frequently. From awkward social situations, to making a complete fool of myself in front of lots of strangers, I've got stories that will (hopefully) make you laugh. You may also come to find that it's completely okay if you're a clutz (also, you never grow out of that, so stop thinking you'll wake up one day and realize you were actually this graceful ballerina all along who simply hadn't grown into your feet yet). Just to get things started, I already had a doh! moment today. This is my second time writing this post, I deleted the first one on accident after I had already completed it, edited it at least five times, and even had my editor look over it (I'm calling her that even though she's my sister because it feels so sophisticated).

Being a microbiologist that likes to write articles for my company's newsletter, I may also throw in some science tidbits here and there since I feel an obligation to keep my readers educated on very important matters in the world of microbiology (doesn't that sound super fun?). I promise that when I write about these types of topics, I will not write them with the mind of a scientist but rather, with the mind of a silly human who just happens to be a scientist. Do you get the title now? 

I titled this post humble beginnings because I'm alright with the fact that my sister is probably going to be the only one that reads this post and that it may be awhile before I gain any followers. I also want to write solely for the sake of writing because it brings me a sense of comfort and now I can have an excuse for spending far too long in bed on a Saturday morning. So stick with me, it's bound to be a goofy ride and if all goes well, you may just learn some stuff too. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Lactobacillus Acidophilus

    ReplyDelete